February 23rd was the big day. LMI is a full on toddler! Seriously, its nuts. You wouldn't know to look at her - she's still quite small at almost 19lbs, but her capabilities and comprehension are full on toddler.
- She is running all over the place. It's so cute to watch her yell, "go go go go go..." while running up and down the hallway.
- Her language skills are increasing everyday. It is so unbelievable to watch her learn a new word and master a new part of the body or animal sound. It seems like something new happens daily. It's really cool. My favourites are the sound a rooster makes, "cock-a-du-du" and belly button (accompanied by pointing).
- Getting dressed is one of the most fun activities a person can do. She loves trying to put on her pants and socks. She practices all the time and feels so proud if her boots make it on her feet!
- Reading. She can sit for long periods of time just looking at books, identifying things she knows in the pictures and asking us to read to her. If we say a line from a book, she is able to find the book. We aren't really sure where she gets this love of reading, but we are celebrating it!
- LMI is a garbage disposal. For such a small girl she sure eats A LOT. Fajita's are one of her favourite foods. Like ever. She sucks the chicken pieces up and loves to try and get the fork through the pieces. Of course, pizza is always a pleaser and so is fruit. Any fruit. And just when we think she can't possibly shove more food into her mouth - "bite". Lol.
- Lastly, LMI is such an affectionate little girl. She greets us in the morning with a big HI and smile. She hugs us and all of her stuffed animals with pats on the back. Seriously, she has started taking care of her stuffed animals by putting them in the high chair and the shopping cart. She has a "baby", but other than giving it a kiss she really isn't so interested in it yet.
And that is LMI in a very brief nutshell. Cute, funny and loving life.